Mon-Sat: 09:00 - 19:00

24h Emergency Service

Get Warranty

Register Your Warranty

Call Today 0208 445 1303

The Mews, London, N12 8AJ

Uncap gas meter

When you receive the keys to your property, you will need to arrange for your gas supply to be put in your name (in most circumstances we will know who the suppliers are and will be able to tell you this at the letting).
You need to telephone the suppliers and give them the meter readings in order for accounts to be set up for you. Gas supplies are NOT the responsibility for any gas leaks. Please note that if there is a leak or fails the safety checks we will cap your meter again for your own safety.

When we have a property that may be empty for a few weeks, Your gas supplier often stop the flow of gas (cap it off). This is to minimise the risk of any leaks. If your gas supply is capped off, you will need to arrange for our Gas Engineers to uncap it.  If you have token meters, then you need to make sure that you have the gas card and have at least £5 in credit on your gas card. To get the card and key you must contact the suppliers and give them the meter readings. The supplier will then send you the card and key by first class post or arrange collection at a local shop. If there is debt on the meters, the supplier may ask you to clear it initially, but if you ask, they will arrange for a credit to be put on your card at your local Paypoint. If you have a quarterly supply, then we can come and uncap the gas straight away.

If your meter has been capped off due to unsafe circumstances and has been rectified this is the service you will need to uncap your meter.

If you need us to recitify the faults at your property you can contact us and talk with a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to rectify the faults. s/he can qoute the cost before any work taken.


Contact Us now 02084451303